The Jack Russell Memorial Library provides the opportunity to expand and enhance Library services to the City of Hartford and surrounding communities. Your community library offers:
- A separate teen area appealing to reading and musical interests, featuring special programming, book clubs, and gaming sessions.
- A community room, designed to hold various library programs and community meetings, even after hours.
- Consolidation of circulation, Interlibrary Loan, cataloging, and processing operations enabling these tasks to be completed away from the primary service desk.
- Expanded adult programming in cooperation with the Friends of the Library including book clubs, literacy projects, computer assistance, book discussions, consumer information programs, and adult/children sessions.
- Expanded Hartford History Room offering genealogical research materials, local history collections, and displays of community interest.
- Special quiet reading areas overlooking the Mill Pond, complete with comfortable chairs, magazines, and newspapers.
- Three small study rooms for small group meetings, one-on-one tutoring, and quiet study.
- Nineteen Internet workstations throughout the facility.
- WI-FI capability to enabling owners of laptops and other mobile devices to use the Library.
- Green design and heating and cooling system making it less costly to operate.
- Design codes that comply with current standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act for entrances, restrooms, and public service stations, including wider aisles and shorter shelves.
- A 24-hour drive through materials return.
- Customer service desks in all departments.
- Over 100 public parking spaces to increase accessibility to the downtown.
Library Director: Jennifer E.
Asst. Director/Youth Services Librarian: Cary P.
Secretary/Bookkeeper: Diane H.
Technical Services Associate: Kris P.
Library Aides: Cheryl S., Marcia W., Ann S., Renee D., Maria M., Jessica K., Kathy K. and Nancy E.
Summer Youth Services Helpers: Hannah D. & Brody J.
Shari Purman - President
Gary Morganstern - Vice-President
Michael Weber - Hartford Jt. 1 Representative
Barry Wintinger Aldermanic Liasion